Meet Minimum System Requirements
First thing you will need to do is verify your computer meets the minimum system requirements to play.
Lowering In-Game Video Settings
Many video or graphics issues can stem from your PC not being able to handle the stress of running the game at a specific setting. Follow the steps below to lower your video settings in-game.
- Press 'O' to open 'Options' menu
- Click on 'Video' in the top-left of the menu
- Click on the 'Overall Quality' box and select Low
- At the bottom of the screen click Apply and then exit the menu
Resolution out of range - Unable to reset resolution in-game
If you have adjusted your resolution and are now unable to reset the resolution in-game you can do so by following these steps:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\Devilian\Live-US or Live-EU
- Locate and run the program 'DevilianOption.exe
- Select the appropriate resolution and click the left button to confirm
Updating Video Card Drivers
Outdated video card drivers can often cause issues with your in-game video or graphics. An article on how to update video drivers can be found here.
Running Windows Updates
In certain cases if you are missing Windows updates this can cause issues in-game. To make sure your Windows is update, please follow the below steps:
- Press the Start button
- In the search field type 'Windows Update' and open the application
- Press on 'Check for updates' and install any available updates, this may require a restart
Reinstalling the Game
Often times with patches and hotfixes being downloaded and installed data can become corrupted and could cause all kinds of issues including graphics issues. You will need to uninstall and reinstall the game for a fresh start to fix this issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall your client.
- In Windows XP click start and Add or Remove Programs.
- For Windows 7/8/10 it's Uninstall a program, located in your control panel.
Find the game in the list of installed programs that comes up and click uninstall
Once it is removed from here, go through your program files and make sure you have deleted any associated files or folders
You can install the game again