For PC Players
You can uninstall the game by entering Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs (Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10) in the Control Panel. Once in the list of available programs to uninstall, look for the entry titled Defiance and choose Uninstall.
Also, please make sure that you are wiping any extra files that may have remained from a previous installation before trying to reinstall the Defiance patcher. You can find the default location for the Defiance installation below:
Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Defiance, you can also right click on the Defiance icon on your desktop, and choose the ‘Open file location’ option. This should lead you right to the Defiance installation location. You can delete any files in here to completely remove the game from your system before reinstalling.
Playstation 3 Players
PS3 players can delete the Defiance files from your Game Data Utility, so that any updates can be re-downloaded.
- In the XMB™ home menu, go to Game then Game Data UtilityImportant: Make sure you select Game Data Utility. Do NOT select 'Saved Data Utility', as this will delete all of your saved games files.
- Highlight the game data utility file for Defiance.
- Press the Triangle button and select Delete.
- Highlight Yes and press the X button to confirm the deletion.
- A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
- Reboot Defiance and allow any updates to be downloaded and applied.
Xbox 360 Players
Xbox players can delete the Defiance game file from the Xbox hard drive.
- From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Select Hard Drive Device by pressing "A".
- Select Games and Apps.
- Select Game Title.
- Delete the Defiance file.
- Restart Game.
- Download the update when prompted.