If you have recently failed to login or failed to update your account repeatedly and are receiving an error 2025, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email registered to your account with and your IP address found here.
We will review your IP address on our firewall and respond directly to your email, in the meantime please try the below troubleshooting steps:
Retry launching the game
This issue can be caused during periods of high traffic, such as a launch of a new game. If this is the case, this can often by corrected by clicking 'Play' to relaunch the game. This may take multiple attempts to get your connection through due to high traffic. If this is not during such a time or the issue persists, continue troubleshooting with the steps below.
Run Glyph as Administrator
- Navigate to your ArcheAge Game folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph).
- Right-click on the file named "GlyphClient"
- Click 'Properties.'
- Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.
- Click the check box for 'Run this program as an administrator.'
- Click 'Apply' and then 'OK.'
- Attempt to patch.
End Background Tasks and Services
- Hold the Windows key and press the letter 'R' to open the Run window.
- In the Run window that appears, type 'msconfig' (without the quotes) and click 'OK.'.
- In the System Configuration window, click on the 'Startup' tab.
- Click the 'Disable all' button.
- Click on the 'Services' tab.
- Click on the checkbox next to 'Hide all Microsoft services', which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
- Click on the 'Disable all' button and click 'OK.'
- You will be prompted to restart the computer, which you should do before proceeding.
Add Glyph as an Exception to Firewall/Anti-Virus
- Often firewall or anti-virus software can be the cause of a patching issue. Follow the steps below to add Glyph to your Windows Firewall.
- Open your Control Panel.
- Click 'System and Security.' (Windows XP Users select Windows Firewall at this point.)
- Click 'Windows Firewall.'
- Click 'Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.'
- Click the 'Change Settings' button at the top.
- Click 'Allow another program...'.
- Click 'Browse.'
- Navigate to where you installed the game (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph).
- Select the application file named 'GlyphClient' and click 'Open.'
- Find the newly added ArcheAge file in the list, select it, and click 'Add' at the bottom.
- Repeat steps 6-10 for the file 'GlyphDownloader'.
- At this point, try patching again. If it does not work, you can temporarily disable your firewall and anti-virus. If this works, you can patch completely and then turn your firewall and anti-virus back on.
Delete the Glyph AppData folder
The Glyph AppData folder contains several files that can get in a stuck state and cause the client to no longer authorize your login. Follow the steps below to delete this folder.
- Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local.
- Delete the entire Glyph folder.
- Attempt to re-run Glyph.
- Open your Control Panel.
- Click on 'Uninstall a Program.'
- Find any and all entries with "Glyph" in the name and click 'Uninstall.'
- Select 'Uninstall Glyph Only' when promted to keep all of your games installed.
- Once this has finished, go to the folder in which ArcheAge was originally installed and make sure it has been removed.
- Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Glyph and delete the Glyph folder. At that point you can begin reinstalling Glyph.
If all of the above steps do not resolve your issue, please send us your GlyphClient logs to one of our agents who are working on this issue by emailing email@example.com. You can find this file by following the steps below. You can find this file by following the steps below.
- Bring up the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and 'R' simultaneously or click on the Start button and use the 'Search Programs and Files' search bar.
- Type in %localappdata%
- This will bring you to your local data folder. There should be a Glyph folder there. Double-click on that folder.
- Double-click the "Logs" folder.
- Attach all of the GlyphClient logs to your support ticket, there may be up to 10 files total.