Lowering In-Game Video Settings
Many video or graphics issues can stem from your PC not being able to handle the stress of running the game at a specific setting. Follow the steps below to lower your video settings in-game.
- Click on the gear icon to open the main menu
- Select Options
- Lower your Graphic Quality
- Press Esc to open the menu
- Select Options from the menu
- In the Options window under Screen Settings, click on the Quality option on the left side of the window.
- In the Quality Video options, move the Graphics Quality Settings slider all the way to the left to where it is set to Low and click Apply
- 1. Load into a map in Trove
- Press Enter
- Type ‘/shadercomplexity 0’ and hit enter
- Type ‘/drawdistance 64’ and hit enter
- Type ‘/supersamble 0.25’ and hit enter
- Type ‘/postfxaa 0’ and hit enter
- Restart client
For more specifics on settings and commands in Trove click here
- Click on the Menu button within the game
- Select Settings from the menu
- In the Settings window, click on the Video option on the left side of the window.
- Click Advanced underneath it.
- In the Advanced Video options, move the Quality Preset slider all the way to the left to where it is set to Min and click the box at the top for low quality renderer. This will lower the video settings to the lowest possible settings.
Defiance / Defiance 2050
- Press F6 to open settings menu
- At the top of the screen, navigate left or right to the tab 'Video'
- Click on the 'Graphics Quality' box and select Low
- Turn 'Shadows', 'Bloom' and 'Motion Blur' to Off
- At the bottom of the screen click Apply and then exit the menu
Try playing the game like this for a while to see if the problem continues to occur. If the problem no longer occurs, you will want to try moving the Quality Preset slider back to the right and test each setting to find the best balance of video quality with no issues.
Updating Video Card Drivers
Outdated video card drivers can often cause issues with your in-game video or graphics. An article on how to update video drivers can be found here
Running Windows Updates
In certain cases if you are missing Windows updates this can cause issues in-game. To make sure your Windows is update, please follow the below steps:
- Press the Start button
- In the search field type 'Windows Update' and open the application
- Press on 'Check for updates' and install any available updates, this may require a restart
Reinstalling the Game
Often times with patches and hotfixes being downloaded and installed data can become corrupted and could cause all kinds of issues including graphics issues. You will need to uninstall and reinstall the game for a fresh start to fix this issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall your client.
- In Windows XP click start and Add or Remove Programs. For Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 it's Uninstall a program, located in your control panel.
- Find the game in the list of installed programs that comes up and click uninstall
- Once it is removed from here, go through your program files and make sure you have deleted any associated files or folders
- You can install the game again