We greatly appreciate when players take the time to report bugs to us. If you are reporting a bug that does not require customer support assistance please, follow the steps below to make sure your report gets sent to the correct place.
1. Go to the appropriate forum for the platform you are playing Trove on. Each platform has a different bug report subforum:
2. Search the bug report forum from above to see if your issue has already been reported by another player. If the issue was already reported then add your comment to that thread. If it hasn't been reported make sure you only post one bug per report. A single thread with a generic title that lists a string of bugs is not going to be easy to track down and sort through. If you have 5 bugs to report then 5 different well labeled and documented threads is much easier to utilize and act on.
3. Make sure you title your thread with the specifics of the bug you are reporting. The more specific, the better.
4. Make sure you include all of the following relevant information:
- Time: When did this issue occur? Please be as specific as possible. If it happens repeatedly at all times, please include that information as well.
- Context: Where did you find this bug? Was it in a specific biome? Which? A specific lair? Which? If the bug is with a costume, which specific costume? The more details you provide, the more quickly we'll be able to replicate the issue.
- Game Details: What are the name(s) of any involved quest/badges/item/clubs? Please attempt to provide exact names as shown in-game.
- Character Details: What level is your character? What class is your character?
- Expected Outcome: In one sentence, what did you expect to happen? For example "I summoned my mount and expected to spawn Slow Sebastion."
- Observed Outcome: In one sentence, what actually happened? For example “My character threw a bomb.”
- Repro Steps: Most importantly, if possible, please include a list of specific steps we can take to reproduce this issue on our end. These steps need to be something we can reproduce on a new character, not isolated to your character only.
- Image/Video Documentation: Often the most useful information we can get for bugs will be screenshots or video documentation of the bug occurring. These can be uploaded to 3rd party websites (youtube/imgur) and you just have to include the link to them.
5. Keep in mind that even though your post will be read you may not receive a development team response. However, any changes made in regards to bug reports are be listed in the Trove patch notes.
Example Bug Report:
Title: My character drank a potion instead of attacking
Time: Wednesday, December 14th, at 3:30 PM GMT
Context: I pressed the button to for my main attack
Expected: I expected to fire at my target
Observed: Instead, I drank a potion.
1. Go to Uber 1 Adventure World.
2. Press Square to attack.
3. Watch as character drinks a potion.