We greatly appreciate when players take the time to report bugs to us. If you are reporting a bug that does not require customer support assistance, please follow the steps below to make sure your report gets sent to the correct place.
2. Search the bug report forum from above to see if your issue has already been reported by another player. If the issue was already reported then add your comment to that thread. If it hasn't been reported make sure you only post one bug per report. A single thread with a generic title that lists a string of bugs is not going to be easy to track down and sort through. If you have 5 bugs to report then 5 different well labeled and documented threads is much easier to utilize and act on.
3. Make sure you title your thread with the specifics of the bug you are reporting. The more specific, the better.
4. Make sure you include all of the following relevant information:
- Time: When did this issue occur? Please be as specific as possible. If it happens repeatedly at all times, please include that information as well.
- Game Details: What are the name(s) of any involved missions/pursuits/items? Please attempt to provide exact names as shown in-game. What location did this issue occur exactly? Please be as specific as possible.
- Character Details: What EGO Rating is your character? What EGO power is your character using?
- Expected Outcome: In one sentence, what did you expect to happen? For example "I pressed the reload button and expected to reload"
- Observed Outcome: In one sentence, what actually happened? For example “My character danced.”
- Repro Steps: Most importantly, if possible, please include a list of specific steps we can take to reproduce this issue on our end. These steps need to be something we can reproduce on a new character, not isolated to your character only.
- Image/Video Documentation: Often the most useful information we can get for bugs will be screenshots or video documentation of the bug occurring. These can be uploaded to 3rd party websites (youtube/imgur) and you just have to include the link to them.
5. Keep in mind that even though your post will be read you may not receive a development team response. However, any changes made in regards to bug reports are be listed in the Defiance patch notes.
Example Bug Report:
Title: My character dances instead of reloading
Time: Started Wednesday, December 14th, at 3:30 PM GMT, is still ongoing
Game Details: I was in Madera when this started, but it persists everywhere now. The gun I am using doesn’t matter, but I was using Planck when the issue started.
Context: My character is EGO rating 2456, I was using the Overload power when this began.
Expected: I pressed r (the reload button) and expected to reload
Observed: Instead, my character danced.
1. Shoot Planck
2. Press the reload button (r)
3. Watch as character dances